This is a quick guide on how to make Kombucha from scratch.
- Buy a Bottle of NATURAL Kombucha from a shop. It is very important that it is natural Kombucha not pasteurized and without any additional flavors or sweeteners!
- pour the kombucha in a 2-4L glass jar, preferably one that has a tap/spigot which makes testing and bottling your kombucha much easier.
- Cover the jar with a cotton cloth (not a muslin cloth as the gabs are to large and could let in some tiny insects) secure with a rubber band.
- Leave it for 4-7 days to grow a scoby on top and to let the kombucha become more sour. The ideal brewing temperature is 22-27°C
- Now you should have a thin scoby with some starter liquid (Starter Liquid is your sour fermented kombucha).