Kombucha is fermented tea! Its a healthy, slightly fuzzy, probiotic drink.
It is low on sugar and high on healthy acids and probiotics that are beneficial for your gut. Kombucha has a similar effervescent sweetness to carbonated soft drinks, but without the unhealthy sugar—instead, it’s packed with antioxidants and probiotics that work to invigorate and revitalize several vital bodily functions:
- Detoxing the liver through antioxidant activity
- Reinvigorating the digestive system through probiotic activity
- Supporting the immune system through antioxidants and counteracting free radicals
- Repairing joint damage through glucosamines
- Reducing cancer risks and aiding in recovery through glucaric acid
It’s high acetic acid and polyphenol count can even aid with weight loss, especially if replacing soft drinks!